Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Other bits & bobs in Sydney

While Grandma was here in April, it was the start of the soccer season, and look at our boys in their new kits!!!!



Back in January, I took the boys into the city to Mirazozo - an architecture exhibition in the concourse of the Opera House.  I wasn't expecting much to be honest, but it was really cool!

Mirazozo at the SOH
I'd recently been given an iPhone by Johnny for my birthday (what a star he is!!!), and as I'd forgotten my camera, it was the only thing I had with me.  To make matters worse, I couldn't figure out how to take photos on it properly, and could only take them using the facetime camera on the phone, which was pretty awkward to say the least!  Anyway, to my surprise & delight, some of them turned out to be really great - which is more a testament to the installation itself & the way it uses light and colour, than to anything I did with the camera on my phone!!!

 



I may get a couple of them made into small canvas prints to hang on the boys' bedroom walls - what do you think?


I've done some more cake decorating, having made these 2 cakes for Adam's teachers for their birthdays......

For Mrs Schreiber's birthday - I found a mould to make the daisies.  Very effective!  And easy!!

For Mrs Medlicot.  I was really pleased with how this turned out - especially the bow!!
John & Bradley spent a Sunday afternoon baking bread.  We had scrummy rolls to go with home made soup for lunch (it was winter - & cold!!), and John had made excellent chocolate bread which we had for afternoon tea.  Mmmmmmm!!!!



 Most of the winter time has been taken up with soccer matches as both boys played for the local club.  Adam was in the U7's and became famous for his goal celebrations - usually a forward roll, sometimes a dive onto the grass.  Unfortunately his team mates didn't 'get' it, so it was lost on them, but the parents usually enjoyed his little performances!  Brad played in the U10's and had a pretty good season, scoring his fair share of goals, and putting in some great crosses that led to his team mates scoring.

We had 2 short trips away in the winter (July) holidays.  Once to Canberra with some friends, and once to the Red Centre, where we had something like this to look forward to! http://youtu.be/dOD06-KPIjc

No comments: