Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Meet Jeff and Lucy !!


Yes!! We have pets, thanks to the very kind thoughts of our two maids Connie & Lydia, who gave them to Bradley for his birthday!!!



At first I wasn't too keen on having birds in the house, but now they're here, I really like them, and the boys think they're great!!



It turns out that Lydia's brother breeds them (these are African Lovebirds). The problem was, that this was how they were given to Bradley on the morning of his birthday, in this tiny cage with no food or water!! It wasn't as desperate as calling WWFN, they were in this condition for little over 12 hours, but it did mean that I had to go out and buy cage, food, and all the other bits and bobs 2 healthy lovebirds would need for their loveshack!!! So, 5000 pesos later (about £50!!), I left the petshop with a suitable lovenest (apologies for puns, but I can't resist!!) for Connie & Lydia's present to Bradley!!



When asked what he wanted to call them, he had to think about it for a while, then announced Jeff (after grandad for those of you who don't know!), and Lucy (after Lucy Ewen! from his old class!!). Bless him, they were supposed to live outside in their cage in the garden (because I didn't want them in the house), but we got so used to them being in the kitchen after only a couple of hours, that this is now their permanent home!!










Except for Saturday nights, when they get transferrred to the lanai so that their 6am chirruping doesn't travel up the stairs and wake us all up on a Sunday morning!!!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a lovley gift for Bradley I think their names suit them, and it's good for Bradley to have a little responsibility in looking after them.

Love Mum xx

Lanie said...

They look really nice.