I have to share this with you all, and also to help us remember it in years to come.....
Yesterday (Tue) over sausage mash and beans for dinner, Bradley wanted to know about my grandparents, who they were, and where they are now. So I explained who was who, what they were called, how old they were when they died etc. The last one we got to was Sadie (mum's mum for those who don't know). First of all, when I explained that had Bradley or Adam been a girl they would have been called Sadie, Adam piped up "no, me Adam!".
Bradley, after giving this some careful thought, then asked "Did Nana come out of Sadie's tummy?" When I said that she did, he then wanted to know if Sadie was alive when the dinosaurs were on the earth. I explained that no, it was millions of years ago that the dinosaurs were on the earth, Sadie wasn't that old, and no humans were around when the dinosaurs were.
He then wanted to know who was the first human. So I gave him a pretty balanced view, explaining that millions of people all over the world think that a man called Adam was the first human on the earth and that God had made him, going on to Eve, and their children etc (what I could remember anyway!). Then I said that millions of other people believe something different, that humans evolved. I asked him what he thought this mean't, and he said "is it like when you grow?" - so I thought that was pretty clever for a 5 year old! Anyway, I tried as best as I could to explain to a 5 year old how some monkeys hundreds of thousands of years ago started to change, walking on two legs rather than four, so their arms got shorter. Then their heads and brains got bigger, they started to use their hands to make tools and fire, and eventually, over hundreds of thousands of years, some of the monkeys turned into humans.
He obviously thought this was laughable and nigh on impossible, because what follows is word for word what he told me when I asked him what he thought about the first human....
"God was the very first person to come alive. He was a diamond first, and then he turned into a little human baby. And then he went down to earth. And when he was a hundred he died. And then he went to heaven. And then he got his powers. And then he could look down on us, and control us, and take care of us. That's how God was born."
And with that, I bid you goodnight! xx
2 comments:
What a hoot puts me in mind of a little girl I know she was always coming out with priceless little gems like that. Like mother like son eh!!!
See you Friday
Love Mum xx
Hiya thats really cute.
Was nice chattin' to you today
Take care all:) Lanie
Post a Comment